COVID #3 A Personal Note from Susan
I hope you and your family are well. I am very happy to report that my family and I are all well.
Whether you have ordered books online, bought a gift certificate, shared our story or sent kind words of support, I appreciate it all. Each and every one of you has built Pages into the community that it is. It has become just what I imagined five years ago. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
I’ve received many emails asking how Pages Bookshop is doing and if we will survive this. I know other bookstores are raising money through GoFundMe and some have asked if I will too. I’m not pursuing this right now. I’ve received cash flow help from GRDC, the American Bookselling Association and various publishers. I have enough of a cash reserve to hold out for a couple of months, although I have to have enough cash to open back up after this ends. A lot, of course, depends on how long Pages is closed. When I’m at a point where I need help, I’ll let you know. I have, however, added a Donate button on the Pages’ website if you wish to support Pages with a donation at this time.
Rest assured, I will do everything I can to keep Pages going during the shutdown and to reopen when this crisis passes. Here's a current update:
- We are closed for browsing and shopping.
- We are no longer offering curbside pickup or home deliveries from the store.
- We are filling online book orders as fast as we can. Books will be mailed from my warehouse.
- My booksellers are still getting paid and working from home.
- Pip is fine and I’m visiting her every day. This is allowed under the governor’s orders.
You can continue your support in the following ways:
- Shopping online using our website
- Buying a gift certificate for future shopping
- Subscribing to Libro.fm for your audio books
- Checking our website for new features
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Sharing our story with friends and family (you can only buy so many books!)
- Following us on Facebook, Instagram and twitter @pagesontheave
I miss you; bookselling isn’t nearly as much fun without you in the store. My staff and I are working on different ways to stay connected and I’ll let you know via email and social media what we come up with. Our website will be updated as well as soon as we have more information.