August 17, 2019 update
- Work started, as promised, this past week. The intersection of the Southfield Expressway and Grand River is down to one lane on the northbound exit ramp and westbound Grand River. At times it can be VERY congested. I suggest exiting at Evergreen north from I-96 and McNichols west from the Southfield Expressway.
- Traffic lights along Grand River between Southfiled and Evergreen have been modified for traffic only on the south side of Grand River. Also, the road has been restriped. I expect traffic will be diverted to the south side by Monday.
- Water main replacement has started near Southfield on the north side of Grand River.
August 6, 2019 update
- Spot drilling will begin the week of August 5 to determine where lead lines connect to the water main.
- Construction will begin the week of August 12.
- Phase 1 will complete infrastructure improvements from Southfield to Evergreen.
- Traffic will be rerouted to the south side of Grand River: Parking lane, two lanes for north and south traffic, center turn lane.
- Construction will begin at Southfield and move west toward Evergreen.
- No further timeline at this point.
- No parking on our side of Grand River during Phase 1A
- Parking is available at Auto Zone, a two minute walk from Pages. The sidewalk will remain open during construction.