The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #5: Encouraging the Heart: A Leader's Guide to Rewarding and Recognizing Others (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #5) (Paperback): $20.00
- #59: The Student Leadership Practices Inventory: Self Assessment (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #59) (Paperback): $6.90
- #62: The Student Leadership Practices Inventory (Lpi), Observer Instrument (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #62) (Paperback): $4.60
- #101: A Leader's Legacy (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #101) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #107: Christian Reflections on the Leadership Challenge (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #107) (Paperback): $18.95
- #203: Credibility: How Leaders Gain and Lose It, Why People Demand It (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #203) (Hardcover): $27.95
- #278: The Student Leadership Challenge: Facilitation and Activity Guide (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #278) (Paperback): $72.00
The most trusted source of leadership wisdom, updated to address today's realities
The Leadership Challenge is the gold-standard manual for effective leadership, grounded in research and written by the premier authorities in the field. With deep insight into the complex interpersonal dynamics of the workplace, this book positions leadership both as a skill to be learned, and as a relationship that must be nurtured to reach its full potential. This new seventh edition has been revised to address current challenges, and includes more international examples and a laser focus on business issues; you'll learn how extraordinary leaders accomplish extraordinary things, and how to develop your leadership skills and style to deliver quality results every time. Engaging stories delve into the fundamental roles that great leaders fulfill, and simple frameworks provide a primer for those who seek continuous improvement; by internalizing key insights and putting concepts into action, you'll become a more effective, more impactful leader.
A good leader gets things done; a great leader aspires, inspires, and achieves more. This book highlights the differences between good and great, and shows you how to bridge the chasm between getting things done and making things happen.
- Gain deep insight into leadership's critical role in organizational health
- Navigate the shift toward team-oriented work relationships
- Motivate and inspire to break through the pervasive new cynicism
- Leverage the electronic global village to deliver better results
Business is evolving at an increasingly rapid rate, and leaders must keep pace with the changes or risk stagnation. People work differently, are motivated differently, and have different expectations today--business as usual is quickly losing its effectiveness. The Leadership Challenge helps you stay current, relevant, and effective in the modern workplace.
About the Author
JAMES M. KOUZES is the Dean's Executive Fellow of Leadership, Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University, and lectures on leadership around the world to corporations, governments, and nonprofits. BARRY Z. POSNER is Accolti Professor of Leadership and former Dean of the Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University. An accomplished scholar, he also provides leadership workshops and seminars worldwide. Kouzes and Posner are the authors of Learning Leadership, Credibility, The Truth About Leadership, A Leader's Legacy, Encouraging the Heart, and The Student Leadership Challenge, among many other works. They also developed the highly-acclaimed Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI)(R). Visit www.leadershipchallenge.com to learn more.