A Leader's Legacy (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #101) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 101 in the J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner series.
- #5: Encouraging the Heart: A Leader's Guide to Rewarding and Recognizing Others (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #5) (Paperback): $20.00
- #59: The Student Leadership Practices Inventory: Self Assessment (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #59) (Paperback): $6.90
- #62: The Student Leadership Practices Inventory (Lpi), Observer Instrument (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #62) (Paperback): $4.60
- #107: Christian Reflections on the Leadership Challenge (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #107) (Paperback): $18.95
- #203: Credibility: How Leaders Gain and Lose It, Why People Demand It (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #203) (Hardcover): $27.95
- #278: The Student Leadership Challenge: Facilitation and Activity Guide (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner #278) (Paperback): $72.00
Uncover the latest developments in leadership development and coaching with insights from two of the most respected voices on the subject
In this provocative book, leadership experts and authors of the best-selling The Leadership Challenge, Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner take on a unique challenge and explore questions of leadership and legacy. In 22 stand-alone chapters, Kouzes and Posner examine the critical questions all leaders must ask themselves before they can leave a lasting impact.
These powerful essays are grouped into four categories: Significance, Relationships, Aspirations, and Courage. In each essay the authors consider a thorny and often ambiguous issue with which today's leaders must grapple--such as how leaders serve and sacrifice, why leaders need loving critics, why leaders should want to be liked, why leaders can't take trust for granted, why it's not just the leader's vision that matters, why failure is always an option, why it takes courage to "make a life," how to liberate the leader in everyone, and ultimately, how the legacy you leave is the life you lead.
In the book, you'll find:
- A free-flowing discussion of leadership topics and lessons
- Incisive explorations of ambiguous issues and paradoxes that have bedeviled leaders for generations
- Concise and to-the-point essays representing new approaches to familiar themes, new stories, and new experiences
A Leader's Legacy is an indispensable resource for managers, executives, and other business leaders looking for insightful new ways to push their leadership development further than they ever thought possible.
About the Author
JIM KOUZES is an Executive Fellow at the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University.BARRY POSNER is dean of the Leavey School of Business and professor of leadership at Santa Clara University.Together, they are the authors of the award-winning and bestselling book The Leadership Challenge, as well as the widely used Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI).