Shopping, Shipping & Returns
Safe and Secure Shopping
You can shop at Pages Bookshop with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards safely and securely. The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Setting Up An Account
- You need to set up an online account even if you have already shopped at the store. The reason is so we get your address (if shipping), and telepone number so we can contact you if needed. The ordering information from this website does not directly connect to the store system - that happens after you order.
- Required information is name, address (if shipping), email, and phone number. Credit card is not retained by the system.
- Use the search box on the right to search by title, author, or keywords. It isn't as good as a Google seach, but you can search for 'cookbooks' and you will be presented with options.
- You have access to all books in print, not just the books in my store. Soon, the site will let you know if the book is actually in the store.
- Select your book and you will see a Google Preview button to see a bit more about the book. Reviews are also available.
- After you add the book to your cart (there is a wish list too!), continue on to payment. You will have an option to ship ($1.50 flat fee) or pick up you order in the store. We would love to see you!
- That's it. Call or email if you have any questions.
When will my order ship?
In stock items will ship either the day of your order or the next business day. Items from our warehouse will typically ship within 2 or 3 business days.
How long will shipping take?
USPS media mail within Michigan typically takes 2 days. Nearby states typically take 2 to 3 days. Other U.S. locations typically take 4 or 5 days.
Are there other shipping options?
If you prefer, FedEx (Federal Express) Ground is also available. The FedEx shipping is not free; you will see the rate at checkout.
Our return policy is simple. Please note that we can process returns and refunds only for items purchased from us. You may return or exchange any book in its original condition - or any unopened music CD - within 30 days of receiving of your order. With your dated receipt, you may choose to receive a refund in the form of original payment. Without a receipt, a return may be approved for store credit or exchange on items in new condition which we can clearly determine that we have sold in the last 30 days. Special orders for items that not usually carried and costing $50 or more may not be returned. Returns are subject to management discretion.
We are committed to making the online shopping experience as pleasant as the experience of shopping in our store. We can even handle online special requests. Email us at email@example.com. Our staff will be happy to answer your questions and help with book suggestions. We will always give you the best customer service possible, the same service that our in-store customers enjoy.
If you are wary (or weary) of the virtual world, call the store during business hours at 313-473-7342 and we will be happy to assist you!